Skip to main content

Possible online services disruption due to Internet related outage

A worldwide technology outage is causing disruption to some State of Illinois online systems.  We are aware of this issue and are diligently working on restoration.

File a Wage Claim

If you are owed unpaid wages, vacation pay, bonuses, commissions, overtime pay, or did not receive minimum wage from a current or former employer, you can file a wage claim online using the links below. The online claim process allows you to submit a complete and accurate claim on IDOL’s website to avoid delays in the process. IDOL’s online clam process also allows you to log in and check the status of your wage claim at your convenience.

In order to access the system, you will first need to create an Illinois Public ID account at the link below.

After your Illinois Public ID account is created, start the claim process.

Printable Wage Claim Form

Please be advised, claims that are e-mailed, mailed, or faxed will experience longer than normal wait times for processing. If you have internet access, you are highly encouraged to file your wage claim using the Department’s online system for more efficient processing.


To report any difficulties submitting a wage claim, please contact IDOL at 800-478-3998 or via e-mail at