Prevailing Wage Act
Requires contractor and subcontractor to pay laborers, workers, and mechanics employed on public works projects, no less than the general prevailing rate of wages (consisting of hourly cash wages plus fringe benefits) for work of similar character in the locality where the work is performed.
Violators must pay workers the difference between the wage paid and the prevailing wage, and are subject to penalties and punitive damages. A contractor or subcontractor found to have violated the Act on two occasions in a five-year period may be disbarred from public works projects for four years. Contractors are required to post prevailing wage rates at job sites.
- Prevailing Wage Information: (312) 793-3600
- Email: DOL.PWD@Illinois.gov
- Administrative Code, 56 Ill. Adm. Code 100 (Legislative Website)
- See the law, 820 ILCS 130/0.01-12 (Legislative Website)
- Prevailing Wage Complaint Form | Polish
- Prevailing Wage Survey Portal
This portal is primarily used to upload collective bargaining agreements.
- View Current Rates
- More About Prevailing Wage Rates
- Debarred Contractors
- Public Body Samples
- Public Works Contractor Information Form (Fillable PDF: Will open best through Internet Explorer or saving to Computer and opening with Adobe)
Certified Transcript of Payroll Portal
Pursuant to PA 100-1177 and 820 ILCS 130/5.1, the Illinois Department of Labor is charged with developing and maintaining an online portal for prevailing wage construction contractors to file their certified payrolls with the department.
You may access the portal here: Certified Transcript of Payroll Portal
Please Check Back Here for Any Updates
May 6th Update - When you submit your certified payroll, you will now receive a .pdf copy of your submission with the email certification from IDOL.
August 18th Update - The option to import your payrolls is now available. Proceed to the portal to review the template.
September 1st - All work performed on new and existing projects must be submitted to IDOL through the certified transcript of payroll portal.