Nurse Agency Licensing Act
Protects the public's right to high quality health care by licensing and mandating standards of operation for nurse agencies which refer, employ, or assign registered nurses, licensed practical nurses or certified nurse aides to Illinois health care facilities.
Applying for a Nurse Agency License
IDOL will accept only the Application form that is currently posted on the website.
Accessing the Nursing Agency Licensing Portal
- NALA Portal Instructions - This portal is currently used to fulfill the contract, facility, and invoice reporting obligations.
Online Payment Information:
- Nurse Agency Licensing Information: (312) 793-1804
- Email: DOL.NurseAgency@Illinois.gov
- See the law, 225 ILCS 510/1-15 (Legislative Website)
NEW AMENDMENTS TO NURSE LICENSING AGENCY ACT:
See PA 102-0946 Sections 10-99 (Legislative Website)
- Administrative Rules, 68 Ill. Adm. Code 690 (Legislative Website)
*Rule-making subject to PA 102-0946 is under review. Nurse Agencies should contact the Department for clarification or seek legal advice involving their contracts. Interim Guidance can be provided here.
- Attestation Form
- IDPH Health Care Worker Registry