Skip to main content

Possible online services disruption due to Internet related outage

A worldwide technology outage is causing disruption to some State of Illinois online systems.  We are aware of this issue and are diligently working on restoration.

Reporting Private Sector Fatalities, Hospitalizations, Amputations or Loss of an Eye

Private Sector Employees

A private sector employee works for a nongovernment employer.  These can include both individual business owners and other forms of company organization such as corporations or limited partnerships.

As of January 1, 2015, all private sector employers under Federal OHSA’s jurisdiction must report

  • All work-related fatalities within 8 hours
  • All work-related inpatient hospitalizations, all amputations and all losses of an eye within 24 hours

You can report to Federal OSHA by:

  • Calling Federal OSHA's free and confidential number at 1-800-321-OSHA (6742).
  • Calling your closest area office during normal business hours.
  • Using the new online form that will soon be available

For more information: OSHA Recordkeeping